Sunday, September 28, 2014

“I Want More”

My inspiration for this post is the song from the movie, “Little Mermaid”, “Part of Your World”.

The Story is about a being, a mermaid, who is torn between her two worlds. She has a beautiful voice but no legs, and it is this story, unlike Andrea Bocelli, where Ariel gets the opportunity to choose.

Ariel is speaking to her friend, Flounder, in song,

“Look at this stuff isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything? Look at this trove, treasures untold, how many wonders can one cavern hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty, I've got whozits and whatzits galore, You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!
But who cares? No big deal I want more.

I wanna be where the people are I wanna see, wanna see them dancin' walking around on those - what do you call 'em? Oh - feet!

Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far, legs are required for jumping, dancing, strolling along down a - what's that word again? Street.

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun wanderin' free - wish I could be, part of that world.”



There is that still small voice within Ariel, that’s saying you can be more. Not have more stuff, but actually living your life to the fullest. Being the person you’re supposed to be, according to Kermit the Frog, in “Rainbow Connection”.

In his book “PAiLS", Chris Brady makes a statement, “Twenty years from now, what will you wish you had done today?”

Ariel had the inextinguishable yearning to be more. To be, not to have more, unless you say that Ariel wanted to have more of her true self.

In the book Jonathan Livingston Seagull, author Richard Bach portrays this sentiment through the eyes of a seagull that believes there's got to be more to life than just fighting for fish heads! Jonathan taught the other gulls, “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now - and nothing can stand in your way!”

What does a Mermaid, a Frog, an Author and a Seagull have in their hearts that you don’t have.

Can it be that just maybe, you have a chance to choose your own destiny? To become the person God intended you to be. Your true self, not the person that stairs at you, yelling, there has to be more, from the mirror.


“I, want more!”

2 comments:

  1. To live as designed means entirely free -truly the plan for you and for me. Take a breath - take the step - walk through the door - take the hand of the Man- who will show you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Johnathan Livingston Seagull many years ago and remember when he finally escaped the "barrier" of earthly seagull limitations!! I will have to read Pails. Encouraged.

    ReplyDelete